Recipe by Cathy Pete
I adapted this recipe from Paula Dean's Pecan Toffee Tassies. Since I didn't have mini cupcake pans and also sounded like to much work I did this instead
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 2 (8 ounce) packages toffee pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray or grease a 15x10 pan.
- Unroll both pie crusts and press into pan and 1/2 inch up sides.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour, and eggs in a large bowl, mixing well.
- Add the vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans and heath bar toffee chips.
- Spoon the pecan filling evenly over the pie crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until filling is set and crust is lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on wire racks. Cut in to bars.