Pecan Pie Toffee Bars
This was published in the Dallas Morning News in December 2010 as a prize winner in their holiday cookie contest.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips or 1/4 cup mini chocolate chip, plus extra for topping
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate toffee pieces, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll the dough into two long rectangles. Place in an ungreased 9 x 13 inch pan and press over bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides to form a crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Bake for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla, egg, chocolate chips, and chocolate toffee bits.
- Pour over the partially baked crust.
- With a spatula, spread filling to cover the dough.
- Bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips and chocolate toffee.
- Cool completely. Cut into bars.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation