Recipe by Sooz Cooks
Nothing beats cinnamon rolls fresh out of the oven in the morning! This was inspired after eating Nurse Di's Tiny Cinnamon Rolls. I didn't have Crescent rolls but was craving cinnamon rolls and wanted to use ingredients I had on hand. These turned out to be light and buttery and the cinnamon-sugar filling made these rolls really YUMMY.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
Made these for a Sunday brunch and they yummy! The doughwas not French bread dough because its not available in England, next time I will also use this recipe for crescent dough. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (11 ounce) packagerefrigerated French bread dough
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (may substitute white sugar)
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll bread dough.
- Spead softened butter over bread dough.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture over the buttered bread dough.
- Starting at the small end of the bread dough, roll tightly and seal the seam.
- Cut into 8 equal pieces by cutting the roll in half, then each half in half, then each quater in half.
- Place all 8 pieces cut side down so that the sides are touching and there is one in the middle in a greased 9" pie pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cinnamon rolls are nicely browned.
- Stir together the powdered sugar, softened butter, milk and vanilla and spread over warm cinnamon rolls.