Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is posted in response to a request on the boards for recipes that travel/store well. It's from a cookbook distributed by MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) in the mid 1980's. In all honesty, I don't know if they keep well - - they typically don't last very long after I make them. :) The recipe is supposed to make 36 small brownies, however, they can be larger. Trust me! LOL! I hope they turn out as well for you as they do for me.
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 21 graham cracker squares, crushed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk!)
- confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Farenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chocolate morsels, crushed graham crackers, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch pan, line with waxed paper, then grease the waxed paper.
- (Sounds odd, but I've never been brave enough to not do this.) Press mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly, yet turn out of pan while still warm and peel away waxed paper.
- Cut into squares, and roll in confectioners sugar.
Very easy and VERY delicious! I needed to use some miscellaneous ingredients around the house, and out of curiosity I thought I'd add a few more... I used FF condensed milk (all I had) and added 1/2c of oatmeal and 1/8c wheat germ to make it a little less guilty ;). I also added about 3oz of low fat cream cheese to use it up. These turned out sooo good! I skipped greasing the pan and baked for 30 minutes as instructed. Thank you!