Recipe by pterron94
This recipe was given to me by a friend and I love it because it is very quick and easy to make & the taste is FABULOUS. Use your favorite BBQ sauce. This is best if you can let the chicken marinate all day or even better overnight. Cooking time includes both parts.
Top Review by Doc's Mom
This is a great way to prepare chicken. I used chicken drumsticks and did not take the skin off. I realized I did not have any BBQ sauce, so quickly made one up. The chicken turned out nice and moist. This will also be great on the grill, because it is already partially cookedâ€¦ less chance of burningâ€¦ wink, wink DH!
- 5 chicken drumsticks, with skin on
- 5 chicken thighs, with skin on (bone in)
- 2 cups barbecue sauce (you can eyeball it)
Directions See How It's Made
- PART ONE.
- In 1 or 2 oblong storage containers (depending on size of yours - I need 2) pour 1/2 - 1 cup of BBQ sauce on bottom of each container and tilt container until BBQ sauce evenly coats bottom.
- PART TWO.
- Put chicken inside Dutch Oven or other large pot with lid.
- Fill with water until water is about 2 inches higher than chicken.
- Bring to boil and cook for 15 - 20 minutes - no longer or chicken will be tough.
- Pour chicken & water into colander to drain water.
- Leaving chicken in colander turn on cool water and while holding chicken leg or thigh under water pull off skin & any fat (usually on thigh pieces).
- Place each piece into the container (for thighs place the piece meat side down - the side the bone isn't sticking out of).
- Pour rest of the BBQ sauce evenly over the chicken making sure to cover all the meat.
- Cover container and put into fridge either for the rest of the day or overnight. Because the chicken is hot it absorbs more of the BBQ sauce flavoring.
- Tip - Because the sauce hasn't been cooked I save the extra sauce in a freezer bag in the fridge till the next time & use it first to line the container bottom. It doesn't go bad.
- PART THREE.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place coated pieces on greased oblong pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes (tastes even better if done on a grill).