Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These muffins are a life saver for all you Weight Watchers out there! Only 1 pt! They are filling, yummy, and sweet even with NO SUGAR added! And they are fat free!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup chopped apple (about 1 medium)
- 4 -6 g artificial sweetener (about 4 - 6 packets)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (or less)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 -2 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla works good too, but almond tastes much better)
- Mix all together and spoon into 12 paper lined or sprayed muffin cups.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and enjoy!
- Each muffin is only 1pt and they are large and super yummy! This is one of those recipes that you will be licking the bowl afterwards! Let me know what you guys think!
These muffins had a great flavor, but the tops were very chewy and they stuck to the liners so badly that only 2/3 of the muffin was edible.