Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
These delicious brownies are gluten free lactose free and packed with super foods.
Make and share this Super Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups of your favorite brownie mix (I like the namaste brand mix)
- 1⁄2 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1⁄2 cup ground walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed up
- 3⁄4 cup ur favorite coffee
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook quinoa according to directions on the package.
- Mix together brownie mix, 1/2cup almond meal, ground walnuts, baking power, cinnamon, hemp seeds and set aside. Next mix eggs, bananas, cooked quinoa, vanilla extract, almond extract, oil, coffee and mix well I like to blend until its frothy. Next mix together your wet ingredients into your dry and blend well. Pre heat oven to 350. Prep a non-stick 9 by 9 baking pan ( or something close) with parchment paper on the bottom. Bake for 30 minutes. Mix the remaining 4 tbs. almond meal and 1 tbs. brown sugar and spread on top. Bake another 30 minutes. Take out and cool in fridge over night. Enjoy.
These brownies have been great for a traveling treat. Since I don't have hemp seed, I substituted ground flax seed. Great recipe