Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is good to serve a crowd huddled around the TV on gameday.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced roast beef
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet gherkin
- In a medium bowl combine onion soup mix, sour cream and pickles, chill.
- Cut a thin, lengthwise slice off the top of the loaf of bread, reserve.
- Hollow out the center of the loaf, leaving a 1/4" shell.
- Spread 1/2 of sour cream mixture into shell, lining sides.
- Layer with roast beef and cheese.
- Top with remaining mixture.
- Replace top and cut into slices.
I'm a sandwich "snob" so this was just so-so. I had very high hopes. Very interesting concept & idea though. I will try it again with a few modifications (not sure what though).