1/2 Photos of Sunshine Carrots
Here is a very different, delicious way to enjoy those carrots! Original source: Better Homes & Gardens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bias-slice carrots crosswise about 1/2" thick.
- 2Place in a saucepan containing 1" of boiling, salted water.
- 3Cover pan and cook until just tender; about 10 to 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, ginger and salt.
- 6Add orange juice and cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- 7Boil 1 minute and remove from heat.
- 8Stir in butter.
- 9Pour over hot carrots, tossing to coat evenly.
- 10Garnish with parsley and orange twist, if desired.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunshine Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.0
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 270.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 1.3 g