Recipe by Chef*Lee
I love to try new flavors and so I tried sunchokes. When raw, they have a crunch and sort of water chestnut-like texture and taste so you can add lots of flavors to them and they absorb it. This is the sun-inspired salad that I came up with to use them, hope you like it!!
- 1 (1 lb) bagfresh sunchokes aka jerusalem artichoke, peeled & sliced
- 1⁄4 cup dried black figs, stems removed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons roasted salted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sliced sunchokes into a bowl and add the sunflower seeds and figs.
- In a little bowl; mix together the balsamic, limoncello, and canola oil.
- Pour the limoncello mix over the sunchoke mix and toss to coat.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley (optional) then serve!