Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 min
A wake-up call!! These will get em up and running to the table.
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice, divided
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- In saucepan,mix 4 T sugar, cornstarch, and 3/4 cup orange juice.
- Stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Mix biscuit mix and remaining sugar.
- Beat eggs, milk, and remaining orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter on lightly greased hot griddle.
- Cook on both sides until golden brown.
Great concept, but you have to know your audience. My BH and I adored these pancakes, but the kids didn't like them. The little barbarians just didn't appreciate the orangy deliciousness of these pancakes.
These have wonderful flavor, but really odd texture. More like a crepe then a pancake, and too chewy for my taste. Also, nowhere in the directions does it say when to add the boiled mixture. I added it directly to the egg and juice mixture. I used 2 egg whites in the place of each egg, and light soy milk for the milk. Neat to try, though. Thanks!