Creamy,Rich,Curry Flavored soup. A good way to use left over cauliflower! Curry lovers go for more curry if you like! If you like drizzle finished soup with extra virgin olive oil or top with a tad of butter!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 7 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 3 cups chicken stock or 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 fresh ground nutmeg
- hot pepper sauce
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Saute onions, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper till translucent.
- Add cauliflower and stock cook till fork tender.
- Puree in vita mix or blender Return to pot with rest of ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
Definaltely a 5* soup. I cut the recipe in half and there was still loads for two of us, once for supper and 3 times for lunch!! We loved the curry and a touch of hot sauce. I did make one change, instead of the cream, i used all 1 cup of 2% milk, loved the colour the tumeric adds to the cauliflour!! Will be making this again this winter, great payback!
Nice soup with nice combination of color, flavor, aroma. I was wondering if adding a potato, for example, would make the texture smoother and creamier as well.
This was a very nice soup. Will be making it again. Thank you for the recipe Rita L.