Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a favorite sandwich or wrap of mine that I love to make into a wrap or leave as a sandwich. The tastes are phenomenal! Note: Sprouts are optional! Enjoy! ( I also forgot to add, you can make these as wraps or even pinwheels and serve them as appetizers!)
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 romaine leaves
- 1 avocado, quartered and sliced
- 8 slices smoked turkey
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup alfalfa sprout
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- First, cook the bacon either in a skillet or my preferred way, in the oven (or convection oven at 350 until crispy and fat is somewhat drained).
- Toast your whole wheat bread!
- Take the four Romaine leaves and cut off the bottom half enough so the top of the leaf will cover the bread.
- Cut your avocado into quarters, and then slice the quarters diagonally so they will lay on the sandwich nicely.
- Get out your smoked Turkey!
- Cut your plum tomatoes in half lengthwise and then slice until done a thickness that will lay nicely.
- **DIRECTIONS FOR ONE SANDWICH**.
- Take 1 toasted whole wheat bread slice and put a tablespoon of mayo and spread. If using dijon as well, take the other slice and spread a tablespoon of dijon on it.
- If using sprouts lay on top of mayo slice.
- Lay the Romaine leaf tops on the mayo covered bread.
- Lay the bacon, tomato, avocado, smoked turkey and then the bottom cut of the romaine leaf.
- Put the dijon (or dry) covered remaining slice of bread and cover sandwich.
- Flip sandwich mayo slice on top and cut diagonally!
- Enjoy the tastiness!
We loved all the ingredients on this sanwich and the bacon gave it a lovely crunch!