Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Sunday Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pinches crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 -4 leaves fresh basil, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- ground nutmeg (a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 lb provolone cheese, diced in small cubes
- 1 lb fresh lasagna noodles (or egg lasagna noodles with no frills or edges)
- 1 cup grated parmigiano
- 1 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Make marinara sauce: heat oil, garlic, and crushed pepper flakes in a large pot over medium heat until garlic speaks by sizzling in oil.
- Add in ground meat and onion; cook for 10 minutes, until onion is very soft and sweet.
- Add in tomatoes, basil, oregano, and salt; bring to a bubble; decrease heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine filling ingredients in a bowl.
- Line a lasagna pan with a couple ladles of sauce (about ½ cup).
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top of sauce; cover with a layer of cheese filling.
- Add a touch of grated cheese and a few dots of sauce.
- Place another layer of noodles in pan going in opposite direction, breaking pasta if needed to make it fit.
- Repeat process until pan is full.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan with plastic wrap, then foil.
- Place in oven and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until liquid is absorbed and noodles are tender.
- Uncover and place under broiler to brown cheese.