Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delightful dish and the sauce really steps up the fish with a fruity flair. Try it, you'll like it. I know it came from a magazine, but Lord knows which one, years ago!!
- 4 (5 ounce) pieces swordfish, 1 inch thick
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon drained tiny capers
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley or 1 tablespoon cilantro
- Brush the fish lightly on both sides using 2 Tbls.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Set fish on a wire rack inside a broiling pan.
- Broil 4" from the heat source for 3 mins.
- Carefully turn the fish over and cook 3 to 4 mins.
- longer or until done.
- While the fish cooks, place the remaining oil, orange and lime juices, garlic, bell pepper, capers, and orange zest in a small saucepan.
- Place over low heat and cook the sauce, swirling the pan, for 3 mins.
- to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.
- Place the fish on plates and spoon the sauce evenly on top.
- Serve immediately.