Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Angel hair pasta with a light creamy sun-dried tomato sauce with asparagus tips.
- 1 bunch asparagus, boiled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp, shelled and uncooked
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, reconstituted
- 1 cup fresh basil, diced
- angel hair pasta
- Using thin asparagus, boil and cut off tips in 3" sections.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy pan on medium heat.
- Saute garlic for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Add tomatoes, asparagus tips, and cream and simmer for 5-10 minutes until hot.
- Stir in basil and cook another 2 minutes.
- Cook pasta per package directions.
- Drain pasta, keeping 1 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Combine pasta and sauce, adding some of the cooking liquid until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Season with lemon pepper or crushed red pepper to taste.