Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of our favourite pasta dishes. The sundried tomatoes replace the bacon in the classic version of carbonara.
- 250 g fettuccine pasta
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 2⁄3 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 12 fresh basil, leaved shredded
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta until it is al dente.
- Whisk together eggs, cream and mustard in a bowl.
- Add plenty of seasoning and whisk again.
- Drain pasta and return to pan, add cream mixture, tomatoes, olive, parmesan and basil.
- Toss over very low heat for 1 minute,until the mixture thickens slightly.
- It is important to heat mixture through quickly, so that eggs do not have time to scramble.
- Serve immediately.
Loved the sundried tomatoes, nice intensity of flavor. Did add setra olives as we enjoy them.
My toddler who is going through a stage of not even trying her mother's cooking :( took a fancy to this and even had seconds. DH doesn't like cheesy creamy pasta dishes normally but he also liked this. I found it was very easy to prepare and hit the spot perfectly.