1/1 Photo of Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara Sauce
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
I bought a jar of sun dried tomatoes and thought I'd try this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain dried tomatoes, reserving ¼ oil.
- 2Chop tomatoes, and set aside.
- 3Heat reserved oil in a dutch oven, sauté onion, celery, carrot and garlic in hot oil 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Stir in dried tomatoes, wine fennel seeds, and pepper.
- 5Cook, uncovered over medium heat 1 hour or to desired consistency, stirring mixture occasionally.
- 6In food processor add half of sauce mixture and pulse 4 or 5 times or until mixture is chopped but not smooth.
- 7Repeat the same procedure with remaining half of sauce mixture.
- 8Serve over hot pasta.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (2146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.4
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 409.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sun-dried tomatoes with Italian herbs