Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
very yummy!!!! I make this quite often.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups cooked linguine
- Combine sundried tomatoes, garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour this marinade over chicken breasts in a shallow dish.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for approximately 3-4 hours.
- (Just enough time to wash the dishes and do a load of laundry).
- Heat skillet.
- Sear chicken on both sides.
- There is no need to add oil since there will be plenty from the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and saute the onion, green pepper and zuchinni.
- If there isn't enough oil, just take some from the flavourful marinade.
- Place chicken back in the skillet and add the rest of the marinade.
- Turn down heat to finish cooking the chicken.
- When chicken is nearly cooked, toss cooked pasta into the skillet and continue cooking over a low heat until chicken is no longer pink.
- Hint: If the chicken browns too quickly, the cooking can be finished off in the oven at 350 F for approximately 10 minutes.