Recipe by Shannon Cooks
There is nothing better than a creamy soup to warm you up when it's cold outside. Add sun dried tomatoes and you have the taste of summer...even if it's far off!
- 3⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained (packed in olive oil)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- basil leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree sundried tomatoes and 1 cup tomato juice in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place the remaining cup of tomato juice and the blended mixture in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Remove from heat, add cream, salt and pepper.
- Return to the stove and cook over low heat until soup is heated through. Do not boil.
- Garnish with basil and serve.