Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I'm in heaven when I have this. It's so rich & creamy. The success to this recipe relies on the sun-dried tomatoes. I find Unico's julienned cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil are the best. Make sure to pick a jar that the sun-dried tomatoes are still bright red, not brown.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and chopped into large pieces
- basil, julienned
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked & drained
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, whipping cream & brandy.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just prior to serving, whisk in butter.
- Stir in the cooked bow tie pasta.
- Toss with fresh basil.
I made this for PAC 2012. Well, this was sinfully delicious and so elegant! I served it alongside chicken and greens and it was a really tasty meal. Thanks for posting a great recipe!
So very good! I used campanelli instead of bowties and the little shells held the sauce very well. I will definately make this again!
A sinfully delicious meal! Served with warm crusty bread & garlic butter. Normally our pasta would have some form of meat or poultry in it but we did not miss it at all. I believe the brandy is a must. It adds a depth of flavour which turns a good pasta dish into a great one!!! Thanks for posting.