Recipe by Sous Chef Bentley
I'm in heaven when I have this. It's so rich & creamy. The success to this recipe relies on the sun-dried tomatoes. I find Unico's julienned cut sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil are the best. Make sure to pick a jar that the sun-dried tomatoes are still bright red, not brown.
Top Review by HappyBunny
This is a fantastic recipe! I made a couple of alterations to suit our palates and I think they worked amazingly well. I added finely sliced spring onions with the garlic and instead of brandy, I used a dry sherry. Finally, when the sauce was added to the pasta, I stirred in a small bag of baby spinach and allowed it to wilt and then sprinkled in some chilli flakes. Delicious, and definitely a recipe that will be made again! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup brandy
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, chilled and chopped into large pieces
- basil, julienned
- 1 lb bow tie pasta, cooked & drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Saute the garlic.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes, whipping cream & brandy.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Just prior to serving, whisk in butter.
- Stir in the cooked bow tie pasta.
- Toss with fresh basil.