This is a fantastic tasting dip that I use on everything from fresh veggies, to chips, to sandwiches. Easy to make, and tastes better as it sits in the fridge...YUMMY!!! Sometimes, instead of using the food processor, I finely dice the peppers and tomatoes, and mix by hand for a more chunky dip. Either way, you'll want to double this one!!
- 2 (7 ounce) jars roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry (or you can roast your own)
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, halves soaked in hot water for 5 minutes,drained,and patted dry
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- toasted pita bread, triangles or tortilla chips, to serve
- In food processor, puree peppers, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, and parsley until mixture is smooth.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve with pita or tortilla chips, or fresh veggie dippers.