Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great way to use the gardens green beans and tomatoes!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces bacon, cut 1/2 inch
- 4 medium tomatoes, cored, cut in 1/2 in. dice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place the oil and the onion in a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Add the water and cook until the water has evaporated and the onions are beginning to turn golden, about 10 minutes.
- Add the bacon and stir, cover the pan and let cook until the bacon is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the cover of the pan and sauté until all the liquid has evaporated and both the onions and the bacon are golden.
- Add the tomatoes, stir, cover, remove from the heat and let sit.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add the beans, return to the boil and cook until the beans are tender through and nearly but not quite olive green, about 10 minutes.
- Drain. Add the beans to the tomato mixture, toss thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a warmed serving bowl.