Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
During the summer we always have a lot of green and ripe tomatoes this was a good way of using up some of them. I love this, but husband doesn't eat tomatoes.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- evaporated milk
- 4 cups sliced firm tomatoes, a mixture of red and green if possible, let them drain well after you slice them
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove, smashed and minced
- Line pie plate with pastry; crimp edges and brush shell with undiluted evaporated milk. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- Fill the baked pie shell with sliced tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and minced garlic; spread on tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 45 minutes, or until tomatoes are cooked and pie is done.
- Note: Let the tomatoes drain well, if they are soft they will make the pie shell soggy. Use firm tomatoes. Also this is not a dish you want as a left over, it gets soggy in the refrigerator.