Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This entire side dish can be prepared in 10 minutes! That is, with all of your therapeutic chopping for prep done already) :) From the 1995 "Heart Healthy Cookbook" of delicious healthy recipes, Edina, MN. Makes 4, 6-ounce servings.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced summer squash
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat a large skillet or wok over high heat; add vegetable oil or spray to coat pan.
- Add zucchini, summer squash, and red pepper.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add Italian seasoning and garlic powder; cook 1 minute more- Serve hot.
You can also skip the red pepper and put in chopped baby bella mushrooms and a little chopped onion. Yum, yum, yum...;)