Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: Martha Stewart LIving
- 3 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 zucchini, sliced
- 4 summer squash, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Pour enough oil in skillet to cover. Place over medium high heat and add 1/3 of the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 of zucchini and summer squashes and cook another 2 minutes or until squash is wilted and browns on the edges. Transfer to serving dish or bowl.
- Repeat two more times with the remaining squash and garlic.
- Before transferring last batch to bowl stir in vinegar and then return all the squash back to the skillet along with the oregano.
- Return all to serving dish.
- Serve while still warm or at room temperature.
A very nice recipe! Simple and would be better yet with summer squash combination for the colors. Appreciate that this can be made earlier and served at room temperature. Served with Country White Bread or Dinner Rolls (Bread Machine), Cardamom Carrots, smashed red potatoes, and Chile and Spice-Rubbed Pork Tenderloin With Honey-Lime Glaze.
Fantastic recipe and so easy to make! I used my big wok & cooked it all up at once. I am the only one who really cares about summer squash in this family, but everybody enjoyed it. it will be made again in the summer! This would be a good picnic item. i like how the squash retains some crunch & isn't cooked to mush. Made for April '10 Veggie Swap VIP!! Congratulations, ellie_!