Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I think this may have originally been a Weight Watcher's recipe, but we've adapted it to suit our tastes. This is a stock summertime side dish around here, and a much healthier alternative to frying.
- 2 large yellow squash (summer squash)
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 small onions, minced or 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut squash and zucchini crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Saute onion in a large skillet in a small amount of olive oil until translucent, drain on paper towels.
- Add a small amount of water to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add zucchini and summer squash, and boil 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Add remaining ingredients and onion, and toss.
This is a nice combination of flavors. I did make a couple of changes. I omitted the salt and lemon rind and replaced it with some lemon pepper. Before serving, I sprinkled some parmesan cheese on top. Glad I found this in time for summer.