1/1 Photo of Summer Squash Casserole
This is a very easy and very tasty side dish that goes well with poultry, beef or pork. Try serving it instead of potatoes or stuffing. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, cook cubed squash and onion in boiling salted water for 5 minutes; drain.
- 2Combine cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Stir in shredded carrot. Fold in drained squash and onion.
- 3Combine stuffing mix and butter or margarine. Spread half of stuffing mixture in bottom of 9x13 baking dish.
- 4Spoon vegetable mixture atop. Sprinkle remaining stuffing over vegetables.
- 5Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- 6OPTIONAL: Brown 6 pork chops in skillet. Then transfer to baking dish. Add the Summer Squash Casserole layers as indicated above and bake.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Squash Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 1063.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g