Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to dress-up or disguse yellow squash.
- 4 cups yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 35 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash and onion in a large skillet; pour in just enough water to cover the bottom of the skillet. Cover with a lid and cook over low heat until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions.
- In a small bowl, mix together beaten eggs and milk. Stir egg mixture into squash mixture, followed by 1/4 cup melted butter, salt and pepper. Mix well, then spread into a 9X13-inch baking pan. Cover top with remaining cheese and cracker mixture. Dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until heated through and browned on top.