Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is probably loaded with calories but it is also loaded with flavor. It is nice when your garden gives you a lot of squash and you get tired of doing the same old thing with it.
- 6 cups summer squash
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8 ounces seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- Cook the squash and onion in some water for 5 minutes; drain well.
- Mix together the soup and sour cream.
- Stir in the shredded carrot.
- Fold in the squash and onion.
- Combine the stuffing mix with the melted butter; mix well.
- Spread one-half of the stuffing in 7 1/2" x 12" pan.
- Add the squash mixture.
- Then add the rest of the stuffing on top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minute.
Wow was this good! Our neighbor provided us with these beautiful homegrown Italian crookneck squash, and I am so glad to have found your recipe! Made a couple of changes, using what I had to hand. Added some fresh baby bellas and used cream of mushroom soup, and topped with a little grated cheddar cheese; also did not have any carrots. A really wonderful comfort dish that I look forward to making again. Thank you, Mimi in Maine!