Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good that you forget it's actually healthy! Use my Fresh Tomato Sauce recipe for a healthier fat free/low sodium alternative to jarred sauce!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in thin strips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked
- Season chicken with salt (optional). Spray nonstick dutch oven or very large sauce pan with cooking spray until well coated. Over high heat, stir fry chicken in pan until it is no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Respray pan and, over medium heat, sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic until tender.
- Return chicken to pan with mushrooms, squash, basil and pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce and pasta; heat through and serve.