Recipe by NELady
From Rachael Ray's August 2009 issue. I haven't tried this yet - I'm posting for reference.
Top Review by glitten
This is one of my family's favorite pasta dinners now. It is so easy to make and very yummy! I thought the crumbled bacon might be too heavy and sink to the bottom of the plate, but the pieces actually dispersed pretty evenly throughout. It's also pretty easy to stab a piece before you take a bite.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, divided
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, divided
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped chives, divided
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble into large pieces.
- While the pasta and bacon are cooking, using a food processor or blender, puree 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup basil, the olive oil, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons chives; season with salt and pepper.
- Add the herb oil, parmesan cheese and reserved 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water to the pasta and toss. Chop the remaining 1/2 cup parsley and 1/4 cup basil and add to the pasta along with the crumbled bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons of chives.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss.