From Rachael Ray's August 2009 issue. I haven't tried this yet - I'm posting for reference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, and transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes; drain on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, crumble into large pieces.
- 3While the pasta and bacon are cooking, using a food processor or blender, puree 1/2 cup parsley, 1/2 cup basil, the olive oil, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons chives; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Add the herb oil, parmesan cheese and reserved 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water to the pasta and toss. Chop the remaining 1/2 cup parsley and 1/4 cup basil and add to the pasta along with the crumbled bacon and remaining 2 tablespoons of chives.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Herb Spaghetti With Crumbled Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 846.6
- Calories from Fat 385
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 41.8 mg
- Sodium 583.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 25.7 g