Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. Haven't tried yet, posting for safekeeping
Make and share this Summer Herb Chimichurri With Grilled Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely chopped-about 3 oz
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 lb flank steak
- cooking spray
- Heat oil in small nonstick skillet over med-high. Add shallots and garlic; saute 3 min or til tender. Remove from heat; stir in juice, vinegar, and red pepper. Cool. Combine shallot mixture, arugula, basil, and marjoram in a small bowl. Stir in 1/4 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Set aside.
- Prepare grill.
- Combine paprika, remaining salt and pepper. Rub paprika mixture over steak. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 min on each side or til desired doneness. Let stand 5 minute Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Spoon sauce down center of slices, and serve.