Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
This is a wonderful salad that goes great with all cookouts. I particularly enjoy this with Carribean chicken and a tall glass of iced tea. Don't be discouraged by the instructions. It should only take about 15 minutes to cook and assemble. Looks beautiful on a platter. Prep time includes the marinating time.
- 1 head endive, cut in quarters
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus
- 1 red onion, sliced thick
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, par boiled
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup good quality virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- salt and pepper (I use Kosher or Sea Salt)
- 1 dash fresh lemon juice
- Place all vegetables in a large bowl.
- Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Sprinkle the parsley and garlic over the top of the veggies.
- Pour olive oil mixture over the veggies toss and let sit for 1-2 hours.
- Fire up the grill to about 400.
- Place the onion and potatoes on the grill but not directly over the flame (indirect heat is best).
- Watch closely.
- You want a little bit of color on the onions and potatoes.
- Once these are done set aside in a bowl.
- Next place the asapragus on the grill cook until just al dente and a little color.
- Take off grill and put in bowl.
- Last put your endive on the grill.
- Cook until just limp.
- To assemble salad: Place endive in service dish.
- Next add the potatoes and onions then the asparagus.
- If there is any of the olive oil mixture sprinkle on top.
- I know this looks like a lot of work and time but it should only take about 15 minutes to cook and assemble.
- Enjoy with grilled chicken or steak.