Recipe by tammy
I saw this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine awhile back. I've made it once before. This is a good combination of fruit.
- 8 ounces uncook elbow macaroni
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, snipped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- In a large servint bowl, combine the pasta, apples, grapes, celery and mandarin oranges.
- Gently stir in 1 cup yogurt mixture.
- cover and refrigerate salad and remaining yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours.
- just before serving, stir in bananas, walnuts and remaining yogurt mixture.