Chef #1082113's Note:
I saw this recipe in the Taste of Home magazine awhile back. I've made it once before. This is a good combination of fruit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces uncook elbow macaroni
- 3/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons fresh dill, snipped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 medium tart green apples, chopped
- 2 medium red apples, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Rinse with cold water and drain.
- 3In a bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, salt and hot pepper sauce.
- 4In a large servint bowl, combine the pasta, apples, grapes, celery and mandarin oranges.
- 5Gently stir in 1 cup yogurt mixture.
- 6cover and refrigerate salad and remaining yogurt mixture for 2-3 hours.
- 7just before serving, stir in bananas, walnuts and remaining yogurt mixture.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summer Fruit 'n' Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 161.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 4.4 g