Recipe by Dib's
This is posted by request from Bernardin. I've never tried it so let me know.
Top Review by Ososgirl
It's just okay. I found the recipe in the Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, and I made it today. My son didn't like it at all, I think it was the honey. I bought enough fruit to make a double batch, now I'm glad I didn't. I'm going to make it again, but with just a sugar syrup. My husband and I don't hate it, but we won't have it every week.
- 6 cups peeled, cored, pitted and chopped peaches
- 2 teaspoons fruit fresh
- 3 cups peeled, cored, pitted and chopped pears
- 2 cups seedless grapes
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey (not creamed)
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, well drained and halved
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop peaches and place in 2 T.
- of fruit fresh mixed with 4 cups water (I would toss in the pears also).
- Combine water, sugar and honey in a large stainless enamel saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drain prepared fruit and add to syrup.
- Return to a boil and boil gently for 5 min.
- Add cherries.
- Place 1 sprig of mint in each hot jar.
- Ladle in fruit and syrup leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 20 minutes-at altitudes up to 1000 feet sea level.