Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Looking for diabetic friendly sweet recipes for the DM and this one I think she will enjoy, from BH&G Australian Diabetic Living. PLEASE NOTE - food.com would not accept apple puree (1x140 gram tub is required) emphasising what is required in brackets.
- cooking spray
- 100 g muesli (1 cup 97% fat-free)
- 90 g sultanas (1/2 cup)
- 80 g self-raising flour (wholemeal specified 1/2 cup)
- 30 g almond meal (1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon oat bran
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 140 g applesauce (apple puree1 tub)
- 80 ml skim milk (1/3 cup)
- 1 egg (50 gram)
- icing sugar (to dust) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced).
- Spray a 4.5cm (deep) x 7.5cm x 25cm (base measurement) bar pan with cooking spray and line with baking paper, allowing paper to overhang sides.
- Put muesli, sultanas, flour, almond meal, oat bran and cinnamon in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Put apple puree, milk and egg in a small bowl and whisk to combine and then add apple puree mix to the muesli mix and mix until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into the bar pan and smooth surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Set aside pan for 5 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar, if using, to serve and slice into 16 pieces/slices.
- Accompany with a glass of skim milk or your favourite cuppa or just pop into the lunch box as a snack.
I used my own untoasted home made muesli for this and added a few choc chips for the sake of the children. Yummy slice, loved by all !!
I always enjoy working with apples & raisins & this recipe fit right in there! Made these for my other half to share with others at a meeting he attends, & often they're looking for something maybe "just not quite so sweet" as store-bought donuts! Great as an everyday munchie, at least in my book! Thanks for posting this recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]