Prep 1 hr
Cook 7 mins
Servings, prep and cooking times are a guesstimate. This recipe is my final development from my GCSE Food Technology Coursework, which I did 2 years ago.
- Cut leek into 3cm pieces. Cook leek in large pan of boiling water, uncovered, until just tender; drain.
- Shell prawns including the tail. Cut along centre back of prawns, remove vein, flatten prawns slightly.
- Marinade prawns in the oil, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar and pepper.
- Cut the phyllo pastry sheets widthways in 4cm (1½inch) strips.
- Place the strips on non-stick baking parchment and cover with a slightly damp tea towel.
- Brush one strip with melted butter and place another strip across like a cross.
- Place a couple of slices of leek in the centre, top with a couple of prawns.
- Sprinkle over some coriander.
- Draw up the sides, pinching the top together to make a parcel shape.
- Repeat the process to make further parcels.
- Place on a greased baking tray and brush with melted butter.
- Bake in the oven at 220°C (420°F) for 7 to 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.