Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Good for diabetics, or WeightWatchers program, as long as you are really careful about portion size! My measure of total yield is approximate. Total recipe comes out to the same calories as about 23 "fruits", so here's how to figure how much you get for each "fruit equivalent". Measure how many CUPS you have of finished "jam". Multiply by 48. Divide by 23. That's how many teaspoons you get.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 4 ounces dried apricots (about 15 whole)
- 12 ounces dates
- Drain ALL of the juice from the pineapple, but keep the juice.
- Process all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth. Use pulses, frequently scraping away from blades.
- If necessary, add back a tablespoon or so of the juice, it won't affect the calorie count very much but you don't want to make your "jam" runny.
- Keeps for months in a tightly closed container in the fridge.
- Great for filled cookies, because since there is no sugar it won't bubble out!