Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I also received a Blue Ribbon on these today at the 4-H County Fair. Don't over bake these.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped peeled apple
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener
- In a large saucepan, combine dates, apple, raisins and water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine flour, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Stir into apple mixture and mix well.
- Combine eggs and sweetener; add to batter and mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
I really enjoyed this! I made a handful of substitutions inspired by my morning oatmeal:
Started at step 4:
1 c of gala apples
1/3 c of pecans (in lieu of dates & raisins)
1/2 c apple butter
& clove honey for my sweetener
They're really tasty! But next time I plan to add at least 2x as much honey. Thanks Sarah!
Hi Sarah! Thank you for posting these. I saw this recipe this morning on the www.recipe4living.com website and was all set to post them and VOILA, here they are! Awesome...Thanks for taking the time to post this recipe and congratulations on your Blue Ribbon!
We liked these. Used whole wheat flour instead of white. Next time, I would add more cinnamon. Another keeper! Thanks Sarah J!