Recipe by SashasMommy
From the Sugarlaw blog: "This is an awesome recipe year round, but it’s particularly great when you’re trying to use up the last of your abundant summer fruit. I had a giant bowl of peaches and nectarines in the fridge waiting to be used up, but you could make this recipe with any fruit — apples, figs, pears, berries, or some awesome combination of all of them. This is a surprisingly sweet snack, but healthy and portable — could you ask for anything better to send with your kids to school?"
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove any pits and roughly chop the fruit.
- Puree the fruit and sugar in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Place a Silipat sheet on a baking sheet, and spread the puree thinly over the Silipat.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees, and bake the fruit leather for about 4 or 5 hours.
- When the fruit leather is ready (no longer sticky in the center, peels easily from the Silipat), peel it up from the plastic wrap, cut into strips, roll and serve.