- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 6 cups pecan halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat slow cooker on high for 15 minutes.
- Mix butter, sugar and spices. Pour over pecans in large bowl and toss. Transfer mixture to slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and cook until pecans are crisply glazed, 45-60 minutes, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Pour pecans in a single layer on jelly roll pans and cool.
- Variation: make recipe as above, substituting 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice for the five spice powder and mixed nuts for the pecans.