Recipe by Eileen G.
This is sooooo easy and light - and YUMMY!! For the 4th, I added the layers of blueberries and blue Jello, but I usually just use strawberries. When I got this recipe, it called for regular cakes and Jello, but because there are some diabetics in my family, I tried using the sugar-free angel food cakes (Walmart) and Jello - no one can tell the difference. Everyone loves it and because it is so easy to do, it is one of my all-time favorites! The recipe as follows is for a 9 X 13 pan.
- 2 sugar-free angel food cake, tear into bitesize pieces (I always use the ones from the store bakery)
- 1 (5/8 ounce) box sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip, lite
Directions See How It's Made
- Make your Jello, according to the "quick set" directions. Place in refrigerator. Clean and slice the strawberries and add to the Jello.
- Put back in the fridge, but do not let set completely. You want it to
- be soft enough to spoon over the cake.
- In a 9 X 13 pan, put a layer of the cake pieces - enough to cover the pan.
- Spoon half of the strawberries and jello over the cake pieces.
- Spread a layer of the Coolwhip over the strawberries and Jello.
- Put another layer of the cake, Jello and strawberries and Coolwhip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Will be set in 45 minutes or so.