Very easy recipe. Can be frozen. Cooking with the peels will add pectin and make the apples slightly sweeter as they cook.
- Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or high for 4.
- With a slotted spoon, spoon apples in to a food mill and process over a large bowl. Sauce will be thick, you can add some of the crock pot juice if you like.
- Depending on the tartness of your apples, you may choose to sweeten.
- If using sugar, do so sparingly until you get to desired sweetness.
- If you want to freeze ladle into freezer bags and gently press out air, seal, and lie flat in freezer.