Recipe by Just Happy
Low calorie, quick and quite satisfying.
Top Review by Derf
A lovely breakfast for a cool fall day, thanks to seeing FT's photos and review, it was delicious made without the sugar but with blueberries, 2% milk and vanilla. Thanks for a nice warming breakfast! I will make again often.
- 1⁄4 cup oats, uncooked
- 2 drops flavoring, your choice of flavor
- Splenda granular
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place uncooked oats in a microwave-safe conatainer.
- Add water as to desired consistency, but I recommend at least 1/4 cup for every 1/4 cup uncooked oats (1 part water to 1 part uncooked oats).
- Microwave high 1 minute, stir, microwave again if needed.
- Add Splenda to taste.
- Stir in a drop or 2 flavor.
- Stir in wheat bran for added fiber. I think it makes the oats more filling but too much of the wheat bran gives it a slight bitter taste.
- Note: for flavorings, I suggest vanilla, maple or walnut. Or you can try combining them.