Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
Something I tried last night out of my father's sudden desire for a buttery dessert :) It turned out wonderful! More than half the cake was devoured within 1 hour! Hope you will like it as much as we did!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- extra sugar, for sprinkling on the top before baking
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream margarine/butter with the sugar until fluffy and smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat until mixture becomes nice and smooth.
- Add in the lemon zest along with the lemon juice into the margarine batter and mix well.
- Now gradually mix in the flour mixture to form the final batter.
- Make sure the batter is smooth.
- Finally, fold the walnuts into the batter.
- Pour batter into prepared/greased loaf pan (e. g. a 9 X 5 one).
- Before putting it in the oven, sprinkle white sugar generously over the top of the batter so that most of the top layer has a bit of sugar over it.
- Bake in the oven (that was preheated at 180 degrees Celcius) for 1 hour (might need a bit more time depending on the oven) or when a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold!