Recipe by Chefpooky
A sweet, tasty, and easy cake that tastes like a sugar cream pie. It has a wonderful vanilla flavor and is very rich. A wonderful treat!
Top Review by RSL
I know this cake by the name gooey butter cake. By any name, though, this is simply divine! Love it, super rich and very yummy. I would personally cut this into more than 10-12 servings, but that's mostly personal preference. Made for PAC Spring '11.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 lb powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix yellow cake mix, melted butter or margarine and 1 beaten egg. Spread on the botttom of a greased and powdered sugar coated 9x13 pan.
- Mix the 2 beaten eggs, 8 oz bar of softened cream cheese, and 1 pound of powdered sugar. Spread the mixture over the crust.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.