Marie Nixon's Note:
There are 2 other Sugar Cookie Bar recipes on this site but this recipe is a little different than those 2. Since I followed this recipe, I want to post it and highly recommend it. Why on earth have I spent all those years doing cut-out sugar cookies when I could have made this large sheet pan of delicious sugar cookies and spent about 1/10th of the prep time? I think you will feel that way also when you make these. I also like these cookies because they come out to a nice, even thickness. These were taken off of an internet blog with credit given to a book titled 'A Little Bit Crunchy A Little Bit Rock and Roll.
My Private Note
13 x 18 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- food coloring (optional)
- candy sprinkles (optional)
- 1Cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla extract and stir to incorporate.
- 2Meanwhile, mix the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- 3Press into a greased 13 x 18 inch pan and bake at 375 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.
- 4Cool and frost.
- 6Cream butter and shortening until well mixed and fluffy. Add vanilla and pinch of salt.
- 7Slowly add confectioners sugar and mix until it is incorporated. Add milk, one tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. You may need to add more than the 5 tablespoons. Frost, chill and cut.
- 9You may color this frosting as desired.
- 10For the sprinkles, since they tend to roll all of the place. After applying to the cookie sheet, place a sheet of plastic wrap over the frosted sugar cookies and gently press the sprinkles into the frosting.
- 11These cut beautifully with a pizza wheel cutter.
- 12While the cookies were still warm, I used a 2" round cookie cuter and cut out round circles. This worked wonderfully. There are some cookie scraps when you cut out circles but they never go to waste. Those are the chef's treat.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Cookie Bars #3
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 174.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g