these are chewy moist bars
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350*.Lightly butter a 9" square pan.
- 2Finely chop the dates and orange zest in a food processor.
- 3With the motor running, gradually add the hot water to moisten the dates. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add 1 cup of the powdered sugar, the eggs, oil and lemon juice.
- 5Beat with a wooden spoon until blended. Add the flour, cinnamon and salt, stir until blended.
- 6Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes, or unti the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 7Cool on wire rack before cutting into bars.
- 8Place the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugra on a plate and roll the bars in the sugar to coat them.
- 9These keep especially well.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sugar Coated Date Temptations
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.3
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 23.5 mg
- Sodium 16.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g