Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is our traditional Christmas morning breakfast. I combine the sugars the night before, so it is quick work the next morning. Not a low-cal breakfast, but an easy, fun tradition. The bottom of the bread is kind of like a sticky-bun concoction, and the top is "drier" - less buttery. You could probably make this in a casserole dish too, if you don't have a bundt pan. We serve onto plates using a large spoon. Enjoy!
- 3 cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1⁄2-1 cup margarine or 1⁄2-1 cup butter (We use about 1 1/4-1 1/2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Open the biscuits, and cut each individual biscuit into halves or fourths.
- Melt the butter in microwave or on stovetop.
- Set aside.
- Combine the sugars and cinnamon (and pecans if using) in a small bowl.
- Roll each biscuit piece in the sugar mixture, and place in the bundt pan.
- Once all pieces are coated and in pan, sprinkle any remaining cinnamon-sugar on top.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.